The OxiMax MC Series is designed to produce Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl) from seawater.
These heavy duty, high performance cells use an injection moulded PVC casing and a bipolar electrode arrangement for maximum energy efficiency and Hypochlorite production.
Power Stations, refineries and Industrial complexes near the sea are the perfect applications for the OxiMax MC Series Electrochlorination Systems.
Whenever seawater is used for cooling, treatment of the seawater is required to control marine growth..
The raw materials of seawater and power necessary for production of Hypochlorite are readily available – seawater is free and the power used is only the cost.
A side stream of seawater is taken from the discharge of the water pumps directly to the EC Plant. This seawater is strained to 400 micron and passed into the electrolyser cells. DC power is applied to the seawater inside the cells which results in the production of Hypochlorite.
The OxiMax MC Series employs staged removal of the hydrogen (H2) throughout the electrolyser train via multiple hydrogen cyclones, resulting in superior Hypochlorite production and energy savings. All H2 is passed to either the degassing/storage tanks or to H2 seal pots. The H2 is then diluted and purged to the atmosphere.
The Hypochlorite leaves the last cell and is passed to the degassing/storage tanks where it is stored for dosing to the sea water inlets.
Dosing to the sea water intakes prevents biofouling of the mechanical equipment such as the cooling water pumps, the bar screens, drum screens and condensers as well as the cooling water pipelines of the power station.
The OxiMax MC Series system is controlled by PLC with Touch Screen operator interface for ease of control.
- See every Anode and Cathode
- Complete biofouling control
- Fully insulated – no exposed DC busbars or electrical connections for greater personnel safety
- Staged hydrogen removal for increased efficiency
- Cost effective and reliable
- Low maintenance and easy cell removal
- Completely automatic Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl) production
- Safe, reliable and robust
- Modular configuration
- Forced air hydrogen gas dilution and purging
- Minimum 5 Years Warranty on electrodes
- SC12 MMO Coatings on Anodes for increased efficiency
- Integral Voltage Monitoring
- High flow velocity waterways reduce energy consumption and minimise
the need for acid cleaning.
- Highest efficiency = Lowest operating cost
- Hypochlorite outputs up to 400 kg/hr
OxiMax MC Series Electrochlorination System Sizing
A typical OxiMax MC Series system consists of some or all of
- Seawater Booster Pump(s)
- Seawater Auto Strainer(s)
- DC Rectifier(s)
- Staged Hydrogen separation
- Dosing Pump(s)
- Hydrogen Blowers
- Degassing and Storage Tank(s)
- Control System (PLC/HMI)
- OxiMax MC Series Electrochlorination Cell(s)
If you require 120kg/hr of Cl2 cells equivalent, we would offer:
an MCC120000 = 12 x MCC (10 kg/hr) cells or an MCC120000/8 = 8 x MCC (15 kg/hr) cells.
If you require 40kg/hr of Cl2 gas equivalent we could offer:
an MCA40000/16 = 16 x MCA (2.5kg/hr) cells, or an MCB40000/8 = 8 x MCB (5.0 kg/hr) cells, or an MCC40000/4 = 4 x MCC (10 kg/hr) cells.
Use the MCA, MCB or MCC cells as the basic buliding blocks to form an entire OxiMax MC Series electrolyser train (MCC60000 = 60kg/hr shown)